Hey, friends and viewers!
It’s Josey here, introducing myself as the summer graphic design intern at BatesMeron Sweet Design. I have successfully completed my first day at work and let me tell ya, by the end of the day of work, there were already several things I picked up. Feeling lost and confused during my first production meeting in the morning, I found myself observing and taking notes about a few things.
- I noticed that I was the only one who had my nails painted.
- Everyone was willing to share how their weekends went.
- Rachel had on a beautiful red ring, and I still want to know where she got it.
- Coffee is a staple here.
- Everyone tends to doodle in their notebooks during the meeting. Nina drew pictures of cute clouds.
- They have Cheez-Its and Fruit Loops here. Jackpot.
Notes to myself:
- Bring a jacket next time. I’m a Texan now living in Chicago, and it’s interesting to me how I STILL can’t get into the habit of bringing jackets to places.
- I don’t have to bring my laptop here because homegirl gets her own desktop computer here. Thank you, BatesMeron!
- Becka really likes her Starbucks.
- This is going to be an amazing summer interning at BatesMeron!
Aside from my miscellaneous observations, I’m grateful for the warm welcome that my new coworkers have shown me. I didn’t leave the office thinking anything I did that day was boring or pointless. I can genuinely say that I know I will have fun here and they will keep me busy! I am incredibly blessed to be here to learn from the best.
‘Til next week, friends!
Everyone has heard the adage, "Don't judge a book by its cover." Some people may even live by this phrase. But for creative people, the task...
Happy Thursday! Discover which BMSDer you are most like and revel in how awesome you are. [playbuzz-game game="http://www.playbuzz.com/bat...
Last week, BatesMeron was named the #1 Branding Agency in Chicago by Clutch.co. The announcement was made in their press release highlightin...