Whether you’re thankful for family, friends, good health or good food, we can all agree, Thanksgiving is an important time to appreciate the big things, little things and everything in-between. With Thanksgiving only two days away, the BatesMeron team couldn’t help but take some time to share what we are all thankful for. (Naturally, we opted to share the in-between.)
Andrew is thankful for:
- Text messaging, because it keeps him connected to co-workers and family.
- The BMSD copywriters, because they make sure his communications are effective.
- Todd Pierce, because he proves there is at least one decent human being in the world.
- Plates, because without them Sukhi would have nothing to eat off of.
Fred is thankful for:
- First and foremost, that no one has eaten the butter in our freezer that expired December 2008.
- The ability to listen to music and not get too many complaints from the BMSD crew.
- His son’s Happy Meal toy of Kung Fu Panda reminding him to keep a positive outlook everyday—no matter what project obstacles are in the way.
Nina is thankful for:
- Spellcheck, because sometimes when you stare at a word long enough, it begins to look like gibberish.
- Stocked office treats, especially Oreos.
- That our office is near an L stop, because she doesn’t do well with long-distance walking in cold weather.
- That she isn’t judged (too badly) by coworkers for her fake British accent and random outbursts of song.
Sonni is thankful for:
- Coffee and a space heater, especially in the mornings.
- Workday breaks, lunch and coworkers who make her laugh.
- Snacks—and an occasional beer while she finishes work for the day.
Kris is thankful for:
- Getting to work on such a diverse range of projects from day to day.
- The BMSD team, because everyone is creative and collaborative—it’s an amazing combination.
- Access to Becka’s exclusive coffee stash.
- Amazing designers that challenge his abilities every time, helping him to broaden his skills.
Todd is thankful for:
- Freddy the elevator attendant and his inspirational morning stories.
- The extreme temperature changes in LOMA (better known to outsiders as “the back of the office”).
- Being told he’s FIRED everyday, but still having a job.
Rachel is thankful for:
- Sukhi and her sweaters, because she’s a style inspiration.
- Post-it notes to keep her organized.
- Brainstorms (even the less successful ones), because she loves seeing where ideas can take her.
- The fact that she’s had more Tootsie Roll products at BMSD than she’s had in her entire adult life.
- Most importantly, she’s grateful that BMSD added her to our fantastic team.
Paul is thankful for:
- The urinal in the bathroom flooding. Because it was a unique experience he’ll never forget.
- Only coming in on Fridays when everybody is winding down from the week and ready to party.
- Sukhi’s surprisingly intimidating bark/growl.
- Todd always telling him how great he was at playing soccer in college.
Becka is thankful for:
- A team that loves her pup, Sukhi, so she can keep her close at all times.
- Clients that embrace new and sometimes scary ideas—allowing us to do our best work.
- Andrew for keeping her head on straight.
- Fred for loving our clients as much as she does.
- Nina for her musical stylings and insane ideas.
- Sonni for her hilarious mood swings.
- Kris for his drama-free work ethic.
- Todd for letting me fire him every day
- Rachel for reserving pet names the way some girls reserve baby names.
- Paul for creating such beautiful typography. (Seriously, he could write the word “toilet” so pretty she’d want to ink it on herself for life.)
From BatesMeron to you, we hope your Thanksgiving is truly wonderful! We also hope you get a chance to share and appreciate the things, whatever or whoever they may be, that make your life brighter.
Last week, Nina and I participated in Social Media Week. For the uninitiated, Social Media Week is a worldwide event where people come toget...
Pinterest just came out with a new series of documentary-esque advertising spots promoting their new Guided Search function, and they are no...
Before we can craft the perfect tagline or design a logo that fits your brand like a glove, we first need to discover who your brand is. To ...